up2date from rawhide

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Tue Aug 19 17:35:22 UTC 2003

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How can I automatically update the packages from Severn using the
> up2date tool? I saw somewhere that it´s possible, but have no idea of
> what to do to have this done.
Not really up2date, but I use the following script:

#!/bin/sh

export RSYNC_PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXX
REMOTE_DIR="rsync://beta@ftp.beta.redhat.com/beta/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i
386/RedHat/RPMS/"
LOCAL_DIR=/home/RedHat/rawhide/RPMS/

mirror() {
        rsync -LvvH --delete --stats --progress --recursive
--exclude=headers --size-only $REMOTE_DIR $LOCAL_DIR
}
mirror

rpm -Fvh /home/RedHat/rawhide/RPMS/*.rpm

	...viewer discretion advised...
	You'll need to change the mirror and password, but you get the
idea....
	Works quite nicely for archiving updates as well....

Don