xauth changes?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Aug 19 22:43:45 UTC 2003

Has something changed with xauth in rawhide recently? SSH autoforwarding of
magic cookies has been failing for me today after upgrading to rawhide.

Here, I just logged into X through gdm, and then immediately tried to ssh
after an ssh-add. I get:

[cricker at yoshimi cricker]$ ssh localhost
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file
/home/cricker/.Xauthority
[cricker at yoshimi cricker]$ xeyes
X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
[cricker at yoshimi cricker]$ ls -l .Xauthority
-rw-------    1 cricker  cricker      1261 Aug 19 16:36 .Xauthority
[cricker at yoshimi cricker]$

Same thing if I use ssh -X

later,