Stock kernels

Ben Hsu benhsu at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 20 04:26:12 UTC 2003

Severn's default gcc is 3.3, after I did "export GCC=gcc296" I had fewer
warnings. After that, I've been cheating when I compiled kernels-- my
experience has been the modules which gave compilation errors were ones
I didn't need anyway, so I would do "nohup make -i all install" (the -i
is for "ignore errors") and deal with any problems which may occur after
the kernel panicked :)

As an aside, the gcc 3.2 package was not installed on my machine. I
think this is because I upgraded from a previous Red Hat (last fresh
install was either 8.0 or 8.0.93). Should this be a bug?