Minimal Install Option

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Thu Aug 21 06:35:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 23:19, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> >Youre right. What I do now is core component + base component +
> >personal extras. Would be nice to have the core + base as an option in
> >anaconda. A minimal "minimal" install.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if anaconda had exactly the right pre-defined
> settings for every person's personal tastes as to what a "minimal"
> install means.

Wouldn't it be great if the Minimal Install option meant what it said?
Who seriously believe NIS belongs on a firewall?? Minimal states it is
for such things as firewalls. Minimal install for a firewall doesn't
mean include all the little servers, etc.. If it is for a firewall (as
the option says), NFS, NIS, for example do not belong there.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773
bill at noreboots.com