Minimal Install Option

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Thu Aug 21 17:28:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 11:17, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:11:30AM -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
> > Why? Why should a router/firewall be downloading web pages, etc.?
>
> To get the errata RPMS, when you have not installed
> up2date or yum (and python along with it)?

Uhh ftp? Note that I did include 2 ftp clients as options (actually
changed them to options).

Also, in general one should already have them downloaded and put on the
test server before throwing them on the firewall, so you can just scp
them over from there. Or if you choose to not allow incoming ssh/scp
install the (optional) openssh-clients and scp from the test machine. ;)

Or, you could forgo all of the above and tell RPM to install the rpm via
ftp url as opposed to local file system.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773
bill at noreboots.com