Mozilla causing OOM?

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Thu Aug 21 18:15:01 UTC 2003

Warren Togami wrote:

>On several occasions mozilla-1.4 in Severn grew to use all system
>memory, causing a massive swap storm and eventually OOM.  During the
>swap storm the desktop is almost unusable.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this recently?

  Not quite that bad, but mozilla does seem to have memory issues in
severn.  It's something to do with Severn.   The exact same mozilla
binary worked fine under 9, but not after an upgrade.  It seems to be a
issue with the mozilla rpms as well.  The 2.6 kernel makes it livable if
I remember to close, and reopen mozilla at the start of the day.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)