Severn Beta2

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at rogers.com
Thu Aug 21 18:40:52 UTC 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:32:23 -0700, you wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:39:57AM -0400, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>> Cambridge++ is not the spring 2004 release, but a minor release
>> planned for after 2.6 is released (and tested).
>>
>> I would assume that the spring 2004 release will have an entirely
>> different code word.
>
>Er... IIRC "Cambridge++" is a placeholder until Red Hat figures out what
>the "entirely different code word" is going to be. (I think this was
>explained on the rhl.redhat.com web page that got taken down.)

Cambridge++ is a reflection that it is not an entirely new release but
rather that it is Cambridge plus kernel 2.6 (ie the kernel should be
the only change).

Cambridge/Cambridge++ are merely code words for those releases of the
distribution, and when the release occurs a proper name will be given
to them.

We don't yet know what the code word will be for the release in spring
2004.