Firewall/Router security (was Re: Minimal Install Option)

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Thu Aug 21 23:33:44 UTC 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 16:13, Bill Anderson wrote:
> In some cases it simply isn't feasible. It is not feasible for
> example, for me to fly halfway around the world just to do that.
>
> So SSH and krb are optional install, clearly neither are *needed* to
> do firewall/router stuff. We make them options available to be
> installed, but *not* part of a minimal *mandatory* install.

I agree.  There are 3 levels of inclusion to a group, such as minimal
(which I assume is made up of @ Core and @ Base).

There is <manditory> where it cannot be removed from the installation,
<default> where it can be removed, but is included by default, and
<optional> where it is part of the group, and can be included, but is
not included by default.

SSH/krb I believe should be <default>.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE