New versions of rescue CD (aka Sysadmin Survival CD) ?

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 06:53:35 UTC 2003

> Can I get this xdelta ?
>
> BTW, Florian La Roche claims that the rescue-cd was discontinued.
>
> Florian , Alexandre , can you sync your opinions ... or something :-)

Red Hat has now a rescue system that is based on the anaconda installer
and is sharing most of the bits with it. The most important thing for me
was to have a rescue system available at the size of a credit-card that
I can carry around with me all the time. ;-)

>From a technical side the upcoming busybox 1.00 release together with some
other bits should be a really nice rescue system. There should be enough
projects out that use that as firewall system etc and that could be
revived as rescue system. Big question is who is going to produce real
CDs and distribute them.

greetings,

Florian La Roche