A solution to the Galeon situation?

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat Aug 23 10:37:23 UTC 2003

George J Karabin wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 07:51, Joel Young wrote:
>

>>Sometimes I need to run with two different browsers so I can have one
>>without a proxy and the other with one.

i am not sure why you need this.

in mozilla, firebird, ...
no_proxy_for:127.0.0.1,ownwebserver,.sld.tld,.other.domain

>Can you describe a scenario when you'd like to do this? Is it that you
>want to only use the proxy for certain host names or netmasks? The
>control center applet could be hacked to support that. Or do you need
>some behavior that's more complex?

i could think about this scenario.
  (internet_access should have only the proxy-servers)

".microsoft.com" and other domains are denied,
ftp and other ports are denied.
sometimes i need access on it.
  - i change the settings to "direct_internet_access"
  or i change the proxy-server-address
  from "squid-for-users" to "squid-for-admins"
  - browse
  - undo the settings
".microsoft.com" and other domains are denied again,
ftp and other ports are denied again.

an other browser with other settings,
why not ?

----snip--squid.conf----
acl sites dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites"
acl sites-regex urlpath_regex -i blabla
acl sites-dstdom  dstdom_regex -i blubber

http_access deny sites
http_access deny sites-regex
http_access deny sites-dstdom

----snip--/etc/squid/sites----