pam src rpm replaced?

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Sat Aug 23 13:55:06 UTC 2003

>Why does it
>have to take so long just to fix such a simple bug for which a fix is
>provided?

its called PRIORITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt very much that at this
point in beta cycle developers are concentrating on the rebuild ability
of the spec files. And I'd imagine that very simple build errors in the
spec file during the beta phase are not all that uncommon. The fixes to
the spec files for rebuilding will most likely get fixed sometime before
the actual release...but we are SO far away from that actual
release...this is still the first set of beta isos.

>Not that I expect new pam rpms to be released for a single
>BuildRequires, but a simple "this will be fixed in the next release" would
>be nice.

Its a simple fix....it will get fixed...it might feel good to have a
conversation with a developer about it before it gets fixed...but that
is also a waste of developer time to write a comment to every single bug
report for every single simple spec file fix, or documentation fix or
whatever. Being that nice...doesn't scale. Your bug report clearly
doesn't require feedback....so be a little humble and sit back and
wait.  If your bug makes it into the final beta isos, then you might
want to rattle your monkey cage a little to try to get some
attention...but right now I'm sure there are other more important
pressing matters that developers have to deal with...like vacation
time...this is august.

-jef"wouldn't it be fun to see what the typical number of new bugs a
typical red hat developer gets every week? I wonder how much time it
would time to write a "just to say hi" comment for each new bug"spaleta