A solution to the Galeon situation?

Paul Jakma paul at dishone.st
Sat Aug 23 19:16:50 UTC 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, George J Karabin wrote:

> I can't think of any existing browsers or programs that I've used
> (mozilla, IE) that provide a per-session choice of proxy
> configuration. Am I off base there?

Netscape, IE, Opera, Mozilla and galeon all support Netscape's proxy
autoconfig specification, latter known as PAC i think, which defines
a set of javascript functions that can be used on a per URL basis to
determine whether or not and which proxy to use:

	http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

	http://www.proxys4all.com/pac.shtml

> Regards,
>
> - George

regards,
	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune:
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
		-- Jeremy S. Anderson