What is minimum RAM to install?

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 20:39:26 UTC 2003

I'm not sure I'd want to bet on that, Michael. I just installed "everything"
on a "bang-it-around" box with 256Megs of ram. I downloaded all the updates,
culled out the earlier updates on those packages that were updated twice,
reserved the actual kernel update, and attempted "rpm -Uvh *". Some of the
post install scripts failed.

(I recovered by using "rpm -Uvh --force" on modest subsets of the 100+
update RPMs. They installed flawlessly under those conditions.(

By the way, why is there only an i686 nptl-devel package when it
appears to be required for glibc-devel and rpmlib?

{^_-}   <- has been known to be too impatient for her own good.