comps.xml reconfiguration (was Minimal Install Option)

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 25 10:51:45 UTC 2003

Hey All,

	As per our earlier discussion, I started working on generating a new
comps.xml file which would strip out the bulk from the "minimal"
install and truly make it for routers/firewalls, as the description
claims. This involved basically stripping out a lot of the stuff in the
@core and @base groups.  At this point I can see some issues and just
wanted to address them. The first comment I have to make is this.
There is another thread on the list about dependency hell. This is most
certainly true. Going through the comps file and query some packages
will show you some things that boggle the mind.  For instance why does
wget depend on krb5-libs? This was one of the oddest deps I could find,
so I figured I'd ask. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge, but maybe its
not.  There are alot of dependency issues we need to fix, so maybe we
can consider this a starting point?

--Jack