Wine and Office

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 11:18:33 UTC 2003

HoytDuff wrote:
> On Sunday 24 August 2003 09:54 pm, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Except for Access, what does Office do that Openoffice does not handle.
>

> OO can be configured to use mysql in an "Access" kind of way.

I'll have to look into this feature then.

Access is the only thing that Ms office can do that Openoffice does not
address. (work environment).

If ooffice or some other user configurable database becomes available to
do lightweight database applications, there becomes my justification for
not needing MS OSes or programs at work. (Except for the two browser IE
exclusive programs, locally brewed, minor programs)

Jim

--
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the
other 90% of the time.