Severn updates RHN channel

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 13:05:45 UTC 2003

RHN now has a channel populated with Severn updates. It's a great way to
keep up with the bleeding edge of development, aka Rawhide.

You'll have to use the RHN web interface to subscribe to this channel. Its
name is redhat-linux-severn-i386-9.0.93-updates, and on the web interface
its description is "Red Hat Linux (Severn) 9.0.93 - Beta Updates".

Some packages are signed with the new rawhide signing key - to get this,
install the 'rawhide-release' package from the channel, and then import
the rawhide key contained in that package (using 'rpm --import').

I will try to keep the channel updated with rawhide packages on a daily
basis. By subscribing your system to this channel, you accept the risk of
having broken packages installed on your system, since the packages have
not necessarily been QA'd. If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

-- Elliot