Running Dictd server

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Tue Aug 26 07:49:00 UTC 2003

> > IIRC the dictd source includes both client and server, RH just doesn't
> package
> > the server part of it for some reason (ok running dictd server might not
> be the
> > most common thing in the world)

I found the source on ftp.dict.org/pub/dict/ and it's now setup on our server dict.arabeyes.org:2628 :)

> Ah, but its a wonderful service and should get a proper dust off before
> we reinvent it with "web services."
>
> I'm encouraging my friends on the glossary committee in the W3C to
> discover dict, for example.

It's really nice, specially that we don't have any _really_ free dictd server for the Arabic language.

It would also be nice, if the RedHat guyz can provide us with the .rpm packages, even if they would be added to the rawhide instead of being included in the official releases.

Regards,
Ossama Khayat

---