Creation of Boot Diskette (not the one used for Linux installation)

binarywizard binarywizard at att.net
Wed Aug 27 02:47:37 UTC 2003

I have a problem that may be really simple, however, I cannot find a
reference anywhere as to how to solve it.

I am running a system were the first physical hard drive is set up with
two 20 GB partitions. The first partition contains Windows 2000 ( from
which I want to migrate during the next few weeks), and on the second
partition I just installed a copy of Red Hat Linux 9.0.93 (Severn).

I chose not to install a boot loader, since I expected the system to
boot directly to Win2K unless I inserted a Linux boot diskette, which I
created during the installation of Linux. Unfortunately, the diskette I
used appears to be defective and Linux is not booting, so I would like
to know, short of reinstalling Linux again, is there a way to recreate
this Linux boot diskette?

I only see a passing reference to it on the downloadable Red Hat
documentation (section 3.30 of the x86 Installation Guide), and no
reference at all in deja.com or elsewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Arsene