no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 27 12:26:16 UTC 2003

On 27 Aug 2003, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 07:47, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   just curious.  even a general hint would be useful.
> > imminent?  not so imminent?  not even a gleam in someone's
> > eye?
> >

> I think we're back to the days of the answer being "when it's ready."

and, normally, that would be the official position.  but i don't think
it's really an acceptable answer given that an estimated date *was*
advertised some time back.  if memory serves, i recall something like
august 18 for an update.

IMHO, if RH is going to make these promises, they should at least
try to keep them.  if not, then just go with "when it's ready."
but please -- let's not waffle back and forth.

rday