AD DNS

Scott Seagroves scott at ucolick.org
Wed Aug 27 19:36:47 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:19, stephan schutter wrote:
> Thank you for all your responses.
>
> That solves the resolution question. This  implies that I did not pick
> up the complete scope from DHCP. This is Microsoft DHCP, using named
> spaces quite intensively, is it diferent from UNIX? I mean; if I am only
> picking up part of the DHCP info, then my DHCP client is not acting like
> the Microsoft one... what could be different?

in redhat-config-network, when you are editing an interface, under "DHCP
settings" there is a checkbox for "automatically obtain DNS information
from provider".  Maybe that is what you want?  Maybe the MS dhcp client
does it by default?
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread so maybe you've already
covered this.
Scott