Simple LDAP server setup?

Thomas Bendler ml at bendler-net.de
Wed Aug 27 20:26:49 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Mi, 27 Aug 2003, Neal D. Becker sent incredible lines:
[...]
> Is there any software available on Linux that makes it reasonably simple to
> setup an LDAP server to serve accounts? (passwd, grp).
>
> I've read a few articles on setting up an LDAP server the old-fashioned way,
> but it looks WAY too complicated.

the initial setup must be done by editing the corresponding
configuration files, populating the LDAP database could be done by
several graphical tools (i.e. GQ).

But, setting up the LDAP is not very complicated, take a look at the
LDAP-HOWTO to see ist step by step.

... may the Tux be with you! =Thomas=
Thomas Bendler           \\://                      ml at bendler-net.de
Mettlerkampsweg 21       (o -)             http://www.bendler-net.de/
20535 Hamburg      ---ooO-(_)-Ooo---          tel.: 0 177 - 277 37 61
Germany                                    Linux, enjoy the ride ...!