no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Charles Bronson packetgeek at chuckiechanboys.com
Thu Aug 28 00:04:09 UTC 2003

Steve Bergman wrote:
> But managers are looking at the page and saying: "This says nothing."

I don't mean this as a flame so please don't take it as such.
I would imagine that the managers are looking to you and your expertise more
than the content of a web page. It is up to you (as it is up to all of us that
report to management) to let them know the spirit of the changes that Red Hat is
making to their development and release policies. Reassure them that you are
both monitoring and participating in the discussions that are leading up to the
release of the revamped policies. Make them aware of any information that is
pertinent to their (your) systems. And most of all remain calm until their is
some good reason to get nervous.

This is not the first time any of us has sat around waiting on a release whether
it had an announced schedule or not. No vendor whether it is hardware, software
or consulting can give you information that is 100% on the money.  The best you
can ask for is that the vendor is honest with you and does their best to do the
right thing.

--
(¬_    Some days you're the windshield    >o)
//\    Some days you're the bug...        /\\