no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Thu Aug 28 00:09:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 18:45, William Hooper wrote:
> Steve Bergman said:
> [snip]
> > How about updating the page with what information there is, even if it's
> > just an explanation that RedHat is working on internal issues to pave
> > the way for the RHLP.
>
> You mean something like "We're currently reworking the content of this
> site to clarify questions people have raised since our announcement. We'll
> have the site restored as soon as possible."?

I went back to the site and looked at that before I posted my message.

Hey, I'm just trying to be constructive, here.  That's been there for
over a month and also makes reference to their announcement on Monday
(Which Monday?  What month?).  Any sort of addendum, no matter what
says, would indicate that RedHat has not simply abandoned the consumer
version.  Understand that I am not saying that RedHat has done any such
thing;  They haven't.  But it would be a super simple way to show the
rest of the world (i.e. the managers, our bosses, who will be a little
skeptical of the RHLP anyway) that the project is not dead, and perhaps
it might even end this thread. ;-)

-Steve