no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 02:20:31 UTC 2003

On 27 Aug 2003, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 21:31, Rik van Riel wrote:
> >
> > My repository?  Some email and ham radio software, probably
> > nothing worth waiting for.  The interesting stuff will be in
> > your repository, not mine ;)
>
> Rik, instead of setting up "yet another repository" why not join Fedora
> and publish your packages through that?

Good question.  I guess one reason is that I also want to make
the RPMs available for a few non-RH distributions.  I would also
like to be able to build the RPMs for half a dozen distributions
with one command, having the build system take care of that for
me ...

> Of course you'll get your packages out much faster if you publish in
> your own repo, considering the average time a package sits in Fedora QA
> :) but it's a central thing and seems to be quite popular among RH
> employees even.

QA is a good thing, but I'm not sure I will always have the
time to keep up with whatever happens inside a project like
Fedora.  Think of me as an amateur packager, mostly interested
in packages I want to use, making them available for distros
which I happen to have running in various places.