Nautilus still doesn't do wildcards?

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 07:44:47 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 19:42, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I just updated to the current severn-updates channel and was hoping that
> maybe nautilus would accept wildcards.  Googling around a bit suggests
> to me that not many people care about that feature (or lack, thereof).
>
> Am I the only one that wants to be able to type:
>
> ./*.rpm
>
> and see all my rpm files, etc?
>
> Not a complaint.  Just curious.  I mean, even my old DOS file manager
> could do this.  Or perhaps this is supported and I just don't know how
> to do it?

It is not currently implemented no. Many people have wanted it, but a
lot of people want a lot of things, and I haven't gotten any patches for
it yet. It will get there eventually (although perhaps not exactly like
you described it).

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a deeply religious hunchbacked shaman who knows the secret of the alien
invasion. She's a bloodthirsty green-skinned advertising executive with a
knack for trouble. They fight crime!