yum quit

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Thu Aug 28 20:14:46 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 14:54, Thomas Dodd wrote:
>
>>After installing some updates from rawhide, yum quit.

> run this:
>
> rpm -V python

Other than the timestamps on the files I messed with, it OK.
ftplib.py and .pyc from my edits. I also forced socket.pyc to be
regenerated before I noticed where they came from, and that the update
hadn't touched that.

> I can't replicate this on the same ver of python on a mostly-rawhide
> system.
>
> also try this:
> python
> once the python shell comes up
> import urllib2

>>> import urllib2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 90, in ?
     import socket
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
     from _socket import *
ImportError: /lib/libssl.so.4: undefined symbol: krb5_cc_get_principal

I think this is it. Why would libssl need krb5 though?
When I removed the krb5 stuff, which I'll not use any time soon, I
didn't get a dependency error. So either libssl should not require
krb5_cc_get_principal, or the package dependency needs fixed.

Looking back at the updates, I see pam_krb5, but removing it doesn't
help. I removed all krb5 rpms that didn't flag a dependency on something
I need. krb5-libs is the only rpm installed with krb5 in the name.

libssl.so.4 is a symlink to libssl.so.0.9.7a from openssl-0.9.7a-17
which was also updated. So maybe the openssl update caused it?

> import ftplib

Same as before:
 >>> import ftplib
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
     all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

	-Thomas