no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

HoytDuff hoyt at cavtel.net
Thu Aug 28 20:32:45 UTC 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 09:46 am, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Thus proves the rationality of the previous policy of not
> pre-announcing release dates.
>
> Personally, I'm not a fan of estimated release dates of anything
> at all, as they almost always are never met in the software
> industry

I agree. But there are those who must accomplish real work around the release.
Having estimated dates is a valuable benefit in planning and I certainly
appreciate them. However, I seem to be in the minority in realizing that they
_are_ estimates and that Red Hat is in completely charge of when the thing is
released.

BTW, if it matters, a final release date for next year in mid-August would be
great. Can I make this a feature request? 8)

--
Hoyt Duff