no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 28 19:35:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > This brings up an important point I'd like to make to people.
> > In the past, Red Hat did not announce any dates for it's
> > products.  The main reason for this, was because any form of
> > date, no matter how estimated or ball park, will always be
> > interpreted by many people as an official promise.  When that
> > date comes and goes, and for whatever reason the software isn't
> > available, those people will become upset and rant and rave.

> The rest snipped.

(sorry to piggyback on your post but ...)

no, mike, we don't "become upset and rant and rave."  we post
a simple question, asking if there *is* any ETA for the next
beta.  which is a perfectly reasonable question, particularly
when a specific release date has already been advertised.

see the difference?

rday