New up2date broken

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Thu Aug 28 23:08:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 18:01, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 05:56:21PM -0500, Kyle Maxwell wrote:
> > SSL.Error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate
> > verify failed')]
>
>   See http://rhn.redhat.com/ for an explanation and the FAQ it points
> to for the instructions to solve this, it's likely to be the problem

Well, according to that page the problem exists in older versions of
up2date, and I've installed the latest I can find.
https://rhn.redhat.com/help/latest-up2date.pxt does not list a version
for severn, so I installed up2date-3.9.18-2 from
http://people.redhat.com/alikins/up2date/severn/RPMS/. If I have the
wrong version, please point me to the correct one and I'll be glad to
give it a shot. I'd also be curious how older certificates (generated in
Oct 2002 for RHL according to the FAQ) made it into Severn.

--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>