SMP and Severn (was: up2date and mozilla issues with severn.)

HoytDuff hoyt at cavtel.net
Sat Aug 30 01:01:25 UTC 2003

On Friday 29 August 2003 08:19 pm, Steven Haigh wrote:
> Hi all, I've had Severn installed on my desktop SMP machine for a week
> or two now, and I have to give a congratulations to all involved...

I've been very impressed with it on my single processor machines (even the
Athlon laptop (HP ze1210) that runs hot because there's no ACPI - it has an
uptime of 14 days with not the first problem).

But Severn was a horrible experience for me on a Tyan MP2466 smp Athlon;
random re-boots, lockups. Mandrake 9.1 is rock solid on the same hardware,
however.

That's why choice is always a good thing. 8)

--
Hoyt