Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Sun Aug 31 22:09:08 UTC 2003

Steve Bergman wrote:
> I'll file a bugzilla request though, since I think gcombust is much more
> intuitive, especially for less technically inclined users.

Hmm..I think you just offended me. I like gcombust of xcdroast...are you
calling me a less technically inclinded user? Wait, no don't answer
that...my fragile ego probably couldn't stand the truth.

But seriously...if we are going to open this can of worms up and ask the
question what are the 2 best cd-burning apps rhl should be shipping as
core distro pieces...i don't know if I'd put gcombust in that elite
group. I like it..it works for me...but i think I've seen more
'technically less inclined users' like seth, drool over k3b. I've even
heard k3b compared favorable to windows cdburning apps like nero.

-jef"I don't need no stinkin' drag'n'drop"spaleta