need help: fc1 for amd64

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Dec 21 16:52:32 UTC 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 11:37, Nathan Bryant wrote:
> Randy Vice wrote:
> > Is there any x86-64 mobo that does work completely with FC1?
>
> Linux would be no fun at all if you didn't have to hack device drivers
> for the latest hardware :-)

Part of my problem is the lack of documentation for anaconda and the build
process ... yes, I know that some folks working on fedora-docs is in the
process of fixing this but it is not there yet.  I am slowly fumbling through
this but it is taking time.

Part of my original desire to get the Gigabyte MB was that it looked real good
(on paper), lots of the same hardware as on my dual Athlon MB and I knew that
worked well.  Bute, and it is a big BUT, being told that it will ship "real
soon now" just does not cut it.

I assumed that some hardware such as the NIC on the MB was not going to work
but am really surprised by the interaction with the Dell 2000FP monitor.
Given that bad values could actually destroy a monitor (according to Mike
Harris) does not give me warm feelings about the MB.
--
Gene