need help: fc1 for amd64

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Dec 21 19:54:36 UTC 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 11:58, Nathan Bryant wrote:
> this is kind of out of left field, but
>
> maybe their bios tries to probe the monitor's frequency ranges and set
> an optimal (read: as high as possible) refresh rate, and your kvm switch
> isn't letting the sense data get through.

Not left field ... it appears to be right on the money.

Since the 9100 has a DVI connector and the Del 2000FP monitor suports the DVI
interface (as well as analog), I connected via the DVI interface.  The result
is that the power-on and other messages are now appearing OK.  I can select
input on the Dell monitor and switch between analog and the DVI so long as
they are on different systems.
--
Gene