Instant Gigahertz NIC Linksys EG1032

alton bailey ojgbagg27ab at msn.com
Sun Dec 28 05:12:28 UTC 2003

look at this file from the installation of the linksys EG1032 Gigabit Nic
[root at matrix DriverInstall]# ./install.sh

Installation script for sk98lin driver.
Version 1.03 (20030319)
(C)Copyright 1999-2003 Marvell(R).
Add to your trouble-report the logfile install.log
which is located in the  DriverInstall directory.

1) user
2) expert
Choose your favorite installation method: 2

Check user id (0)                                                    passed
Check host type (done)                                            passed
Check compiler (/usr/bin/gcc)                                        passed
Check module support (/sbin/insmod)                                  passed
Check make (/usr/bin/make)                                           passed
Check archive file (sk98lin)                                         passed
Check kernel version (2.6.0-1.104)                                   failed
Kernel version unsupported.
This driver was developed for the kernel family 2.4.x
higher then 2.4.13. If you are still using a old version
of the kernel, please uptade to the newest version from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org
Installation of sk98lin driver module failed.