kmail pgp plugin problem

Mon Dec 1 19:38:28 UTC 2003

Hello,

Neal D. Becker wrote:
> I have fedora1 with everything.  I also grabbed gpgme and gpgme03.  When I

 open a signed message with kmail I get this message:

> Message was signed with unknown key.
> The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
> Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified.
> Use the 'Settings->Configure KMail->Security' dialog to specify the plug-in
> or
 ask your system administrator to do that for you.

> What do I need to do to get this working correctly?  I already tried going
 security/plugins and pointing it at /usr/lib/libgpgme.so and
> /usr/lib/libgpgme.so.6, but either of them gives an error when kmail is
> restarted.

I found a working HOWTO:
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
The packages mentionend there are all available from fedora.us with apt or
yum, you will need all of them to get PGP/MIME working.

Regards,
Andreas