kmail pgp plugin problem

Neal D. Becker nbecker at hns.com
Mon Dec 1 20:38:47 UTC 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 14:38, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Neal D. Becker wrote:
> > I have fedora1 with everything.  I also grabbed gpgme and gpgme03.  When
>
>  open a signed message with kmail I get this message:
> > Message was signed with unknown key.
> > The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
> > Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified.
> > Use the 'Settings->Configure KMail->Security' dialog to specify the
> > plug-in or
>
>  ask your system administrator to do that for you.
>
> > What do I need to do to get this working correctly?  I already tried
> > going to
>
>  security/plugins and pointing it at /usr/lib/libgpgme.so and
>
> > /usr/lib/libgpgme.so.6, but either of them gives an error when kmail is
> > restarted.
>
> I found a working HOWTO:
> http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
> The packages mentionend there are all available from fedora.us with apt or
> yum, you will need all of them to get PGP/MIME working.

Thanks.  The only one I'm missing seems to be cryptplug.  It doesn't seem to
be in any of my yum sources, can you suggest where to find it?
Here's what yum says:
(this is fedora1 + fedora stable  + fedora testing  + updates + livna
sources):

yum info cryptplug
Server: Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)
Server: Fedora Linux / stable for Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)
Server: Fedora Linux / testing for Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)
Server: Red Hat Linux 1 (i386) updates
Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
Server: Macromedia Flash Player for Red Hat Linux 1
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in Available Packages:

Looking in Installed Packages: