CD burning software

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Tue Dec 2 05:39:22 UTC 2003

Just to add my $0.02 here, I'd like to add that I agree whole-heartedly
with you about k3b vs. existing CD burning tools.

I consider myself to be a fairly savvy linux user, not advanced, but I can
hold my own in a battle of wits with the beast.

I had no luck at all using Gtoaster or XCDRoast, and what made matters
worse was that there was no easy-to-get-to doco for it.

When I installed FC1 I went to a KDE environment, and installed K3B. with
very little tweaking, I was able to burn CDs quite happily. Even after
upgrading to a 2.6-test kernel, a quick fidget with some settings and I
was still able to burn CDs quite happily.

So to that end, this end user's experience ith k3b has been awesome. :)

-Dan