FC1 AMD64 Preview installer crash

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Dec 2 17:40:04 UTC 2003

I'm trying to install the AMD64 preview of FC1 on a dual Opteron system
(dual 240s, HDAMA motherboard, 8GB RAM).  Anaconda crashes (with a
kernel BUG) just as it's starting the text mode installer.  If I boot with
mem=2048M, the installer works just fine, although I still end up with a
broken system[1].  I've got a serial console log from the failed install
(trimmed down to mostly the essentials) here:

http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/installer.crash.8GB.txt

If I can do anything or provide any more details, let me know.

[1]  It OOPSes on boot.  If I edit the boot line in grub to add a serial
     console, it seems to actually boot (??), but has the library issues I
     see others having in the archives.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering