CD burning software

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue Dec 2 20:18:54 UTC 2003

fedora-test-list-admin at redhat.com wrote:
> That document fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way
> down! Is the a real help file?
	LOL.  Yes - it's a pretty painful read, but in the long run it's
worth plowing through.  Basically you just need to look at the boot options
(-b) and how to insure that you include a valid boot image in the command
syntax.  There may be a better how-to out there, or a GUI tool that takes
mkisofs and puts it in the hands of those that don't want to learn to
translate man pages into understandable English - but I have not seen any
such animal myself.  FWIW - I use a very slim set of mkisofs options and
that's all I really deal with.  While "Linux in a Nutshell" offers a little
more useful format to the man page content, it really doesn't get much more
into "real world example" - even though the section is 8 pages long...

It should be something like:
mkisofs -r -l -b /path/to/boot/files -o name_of_your_iso /path/to/content

Hint: look at the RH CDs for the boot files they use.....

Don