FC1 AMD64 Preview installer crash

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Tue Dec 2 22:01:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 14:48, seth vidal wrote:
> > [1]  It OOPSes on boot.  If I edit the boot line in grub to add a serial
> >      console, it seems to actually boot (??), but has the library issues I
> >      see others having in the archives.
>
> Mine will oops on boot too, for the smp kernel only.
>
> the up kernel boots fine.
>
> ditto the serial console, if I enable BOTH serial and normal console it
> will boot just fine smp.
>
> no clue what's going on there.
>
> I've also noticed that if I disable acpi in the bios the oops changes
> some.
>
> of note Joshua and I have the same motherboards

Hmm, this must be related to the something on the Hdama Boards that is
different on the Tyans. We did not have these errors with Tyan S2880.

Could it be related to using all 8 memory slots? I know Tyan others
didn't provide 8 slots on early boards due to an issue with the AMD
Chipset. Hdama when ahead with 8 slots anyway.

Mark Lane, CET	mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd.	http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771 	F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--