arjanv/2.5 device-mapper lvm2

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 16:58:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 08:36, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Cool!
>
> So, how do I use it?  I currently have fedora1 installed on lvm1/raid
> (stripped).  Boot is ext3, but root is lvm1.
>
> Is there a way to run 2.5 directly, or do I need to backup and re-install?

There's not an easy way to transition yet -- I need to add support to
mkinitrd to realize that you are using LVM and are moving to a 2.6
kernel.  It's just going to require a little bit of restructuring to do
so.  I'm traveling this week, but will hopefully manage to get it done
anyway.

You should be able to do it by hand if you have all of the packages
(including the mkinitrd Arjan just put up there) and then edit
/sbin/mkinitrd so that it forces root_lvm2 to be 1 :)

Jeremy