Reiser support?

Jon Burgess mplayer at jburgess.uklinux.net
Tue Dec 9 17:30:54 UTC 2003

Nathan Bryant wrote:

>>> I assume you see a message like "can't mount /" with an integer
>>> error code, followed by a pivot_root error.
>>>
>>> I don't think the problem is specific to the way arjan is building
>>> 2.6 because I had the same problem with my own build of 2.5.69. So
>>> the problem is in mkinitrd or is a bug in the upstream 2.6 kernel.
>>> FWIW, I can boot 2.6 if I build it myself and link in enough modules
>>> that I don't need an initrd.

This bit me as well. Shortly before these error messages you should see
something about "write to ramdisk returned -1, length 32768". The fix is
to change the  Kernel "Default Ramdisk size" to 8192.
Mkinitrd now creates ramdisk images which are 8Mb for all
archictechtures, but 4Mb is still the default size for x86.

    Jon