nforce 3 drivers?

marcos colome mcolome1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 23:12:21 UTC 2003

If you enabled the on board networks cards from 3Com and Nvidia they will not be configurated by Mandrake, Suse or any other Linux distro. You must install a  PCI Realtek, older 3Com or Intel 10/100 which will be detected by the OS and then you
will be able to download the drivers from ASUS if they have drivers for Linux. Those are very new released  Network cards and there are only drivers for MS Windows that come
with the Manufacturers CD, sometimes Asus include Linux drivers on its drivers CD

jason pearl <jpearl24 at cox.net> wrote:
yes its the nvidia chipset... mandrakes OS cannnot regcognize my net card but it configured everything else... i was trying to make a disc up to install the fedora version but i am having problems making the dvd for it .. I can get through the boot up but then when it asks where the fedora cd is the program cant find the distro on cd... is there a specific directory it looks for? because i have them on the cd as rpms images headers.. not fedora with rpms under that directory

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 14:33, marcos colome wrote: Probably he means the drivers to the Nforce chipset that has been installed in most
of the 64 bits motherboards instead of the Via chipsets for the AMD 64 and Opteron CPU.

"Justin M. Forbes" <64bit_fedora at comcast.net> wrote: On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:21:45PM -0700, jason pearl wrote:

> anyone know if the nforce 3 drivers are supported yet ? i have the asus
> sk8n boardand i am having trouble with making an iso... should i
> download the whole treee and leave it as is then i write the whole
> thing onto a disk?

I am not sure what you mean by NForce 3 drivers. AGPgart, IDE (Not all
SATA chipsets) and most network adapters onboard NF3 systems are supported,
sound seems to be largely ALSA supported, so would require additional
packages. For install, see http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html