Pango gone bango...

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Thu Dec 18 20:32:48 UTC 2003

This mornings updates-testing installed a new release of gnome-libs and
pango, now I have no fonts and get the following error:

(Null) - No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
GLib - file ghash.c: line 382 (g_hash_table_remove): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

Running pango-querymodules-32 outputs stuff to the console but doesn't
seem to do anything.  I tried redirecting to this /etc/pango/pango.modules
but that also seemed to do nothing.

Anyone got a fix for this at all?  I don't seem to have any earlier pango
rpms around at the moment to replace them with so will go hunting...

--
Discouragement is a dissatisfaction with the past, a distaste for the
present, and a distrust of the future - Maree De Jong, CLCA.