need help: fc1 for amd64

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Dec 21 11:47:21 UTC 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 05:31, jason pearl wrote:
> SK8N got recalled???? i have that board... who should i contact to find
> that out? asus?

As I said: RUMOR ... NOT fact.

The company I got my MB from got that info from their distributor.  The
statement was that the SK8N was ASUS's first Opteron MB and ...

Now, given my experience with the SK8V, I am not sure I am that happy with
ASUS anything!

The place I purchased from has a Tyan Opteron based system they are
experimenting with.  Their system seems to work OK.  I did not want Tyan
based on some bad personal experience with a Tyan (Tiger?) dual processor
system [I learned recently that it was a bad design and others had similar
problems with it but for me it was costly] ... maybe I should re-think that
decision.
--
Gene