need help: fc1 for amd64

Nathan Bryant nbryant at optonline.net
Sun Dec 21 16:07:44 UTC 2003

Gene C. wrote:

> The video adapter is an ATI 9100 and (as expected from other comments) the
> onboard NIC did not work so I added a Linksys (tulip) NIC.  The system has
> 1GB ECC Reg ram.

I've been interested in this motherboard. The onboard adapter is a 3c940
LOM (lan-on-motherboard) chipset which is supposedly a
Marvell/Syskonnect work-alike

So the driver is sk98lin.o. Fedora's apparently doesn't work, can you
tell me if the vanilla 2.4.23 kernel from kernel.org works? It seems it
has an updated sk98lin driver version.

It'd also be interesting to test the 2.6.0 rpm's from rawhide, but these
drivers might actually be older (?)