A NIC for fc1_x86_64

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sun Dec 21 20:03:19 UTC 2003

My ASUS SK8V MB has a 3Com 3C940 gigabit LAN interface on the MB.  I has seen
(someplace) that this was known not to work so I plugged in a Linksys NC100
(pciid=1317:0985) which uses the tulip driver.

The Linksys NIC works fine under FC1-i386 (in fact it supported an NFS
install).

I am still having problems creating fc1_x86_64 cdroms so I installed
taroon-amd64 just to have something.  It also seemed to have problems with an
NFS install so I copied (under fc1-i386) the iso images to the harddrive and
did a harddrive install.  OK, taroon-amd64 installed.  Bootup and the boot
messages indicate that networking was started.  However, if you try and do
anything (e.g., ifconfig) with the interface, that function hangs (and
shutdown hangs closing out the network).  There appears to be a problem with
the tulip driver in 64 bit mode.

1.  Does anyone know of a NIC that does work in 64 bit mode?

2.  How do we go about reporting bugs for the fc1_x86_64 preview?
--
Gene