need help: fc1 for amd64

Nathan Bryant nbryant at optonline.net
Sun Dec 21 21:53:26 UTC 2003

> Since the 9100 has a DVI connector and the Del 2000FP monitor suports the DVI
> interface (as well as analog), I connected via the DVI interface.  The result
> is that the power-on and other messages are now appearing OK.  I can select
> input on the Dell monitor and switch between analog and the DVI so long as
> they are on different systems.

Your monitor is a flat panel? I wouldn't worry too much about frying it
from analog mode, in that case. If it can't decode the analog signal, it
should just ignore it. I'm not an electrical engineer or anything (lowly
CS geek), but I think you would worry more about frying CRT's that try
to clock the signal right out to the electron gun at a bandwidth (and
the associated higher power levels and so on) that their hardware can't
support.