A NIC for fc1_x86_64

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 06:12:38 UTC 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 03:03:19PM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> did a harddrive install.  OK, taroon-amd64 installed.  Bootup and the boot
> messages indicate that networking was started.  However, if you try and do
> anything (e.g., ifconfig) with the interface, that function hangs (and
> shutdown hangs closing out the network).  There appears to be a problem with
> the tulip driver in 64 bit mode.

Are you booting with acpi=off? Both NVidia and Via chipsets have issues
with acpi, though nvidia is worse in that regard.  I ask because before I
realised it was ACPI causing the issues, I got the same type deal. Network
plumbed, appeared to work, but didnt really.

> 2.  How do we go about reporting bugs for the fc1_x86_64 preview?

http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html

"What do I do if I run into issues?
Please send an email to 64bit_fedora at comcast.net Another method would be to
log a ticket with Red Hat Bugzilla, but if you do, please specify x86_64 as
the platform, and assign the ticket to 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
specifically when you create it."

Thanks,
Justin