A NIC for fc1_x86_64

jason pearl jpearl24 at cox.net
Mon Dec 22 06:27:51 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 23:12, Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 03:03:19PM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> > did a harddrive install.  OK, taroon-amd64 installed.  Bootup and the boot
> > messages indicate that networking was started.  However, if you try and do
> > anything (e.g., ifconfig) with the interface, that function hangs (and
> > shutdown hangs closing out the network).  There appears to be a problem with
> > the tulip driver in 64 bit mode.
> >
> Are you booting with acpi=off? Both NVidia and Via chipsets have issues
> with acpi, though nvidia is worse in that regard.  I ask because before I
> realised it was ACPI causing the issues, I got the same type deal. Network
> plumbed, appeared to work, but didnt really.
>
> > 2.  How do we go about reporting bugs for the fc1_x86_64 preview?
>
> http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html

Okkkk here we go i am downloading and installing fc1 64 as we speak.. i
had no problems with the acpi = off thing. But i did update my bios when
i installed the board. So... run the bios update in dos NOT via asus
autoupdate in windows ASUS themselves say not to use it... all you have
to do is boot to dos put the flash disk in that u make and its done
simple... :)
--
jason pearl <jpearl24 at cox.net>